Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sickness stinks.

My dear sweet Clara,

As I write you are slumbering soundly. You've been doing a lot of slumbering today. I noticed you seemed sleepier and  fussier than usual today. I also noticed when I kissed your little head this morning that you felt slightly warm.

Fast forward to this evening when you refused your solids and seemed to want to be held all through our dinner trip out. My suspicions were confirmed when I found your temperature to be 101.4! :( I hate seeing you sick. I wish I could take your pain and discomfort away. The doctor on call and Aunt Annie (your lucky to have an aunt who's a peditrican!) have confirmed that you should be fine, probably a virus, possibly teething (or both!) but I hate it none the less.

I know this is boosting your immune system but I can't help but to still feel sad and a little helpless to help you! You've been SO healthy. Other than a teeny tiny cold when you were a newborn (sans fever) and the typical immune ramp up after your shots, you haven't been sick! Hopefully breastfeeding, snuggles and rest will help you be back to normal in no time.

I know that you'll be sick a thousand times more in your life and I should be thankful that you've been so healthy so far but I can't help but to be bummed. Part of being a mommy is having a literal piece of you walking (or in your case scooting and rolling) around outside of yourself. That's quite a quandary. It's wonderful yet sometimes you feel vulnerable for two. I love our bond though. I love that I could tell something was amiss with you by "mothers instinct" alone. I love being your mom. I hate sickness.

And maybe it's just paranoia but my throat feels a bit scratchy and my nose a lil stuffy currently. Hopefully I stay well enough to take care of you and nurse you back to health! Especially since daddy's at work all day tomorrow. 

Praying you feel better ASAP! Trusting that you will. 

Love you, get well soon,
Mom

Sleepy sick girl during one of her naps today. So precious when you sleep and cuddle your security blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment