Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Currently

Listening to: Nothing at the moment. But Clara loves Darius Rucker's song Wagon Wheel so we listen to that quite a bit. I also love Carrie Underwood's I Will See You Again...makes me think about my grandpa, who Clara reminds me so much of. She has his facial expressions and his ornery spicy ways. Love it. Also just heard the winner of The Voice Danielle Bradbery's new song Heart of Dixie which I'm really digging. Clara is going to be a country music fan like her mama, because that's most of what we listen to! 

Creating: Well nothing has come to fruition as of yet,but I am feeling very creative these days. As an English major it has always been my goal to write. I always thought it would be a novel but recently I have a children's book idea in mind. I blame having an almost 6 month old for the switch! ha. Also, I really want to get into crafting! I am admittedly not the most patient person and not the most neat, so crafts can be hard for me. But I am creative and imaginative which helps. I want to get a second hand sewing machine and learn how to sew. I would love to make Clara headbands and other cute things :)

Reading: I have read a bunch of samples on my Kindle recently. I really want to read Eleanor and Park. My aunt has it and says she'll let me borrow it when she's done. I started reading it but held off buying it because I can get if for free! Also, wanting to read the latest Jennifer Echols novel. I really do love me so young adult fiction. 

I also got a library card recently so I got a bunch of baby related books. We're going to jump into solids with Clara soon so I thought I'd get some books about baby food. Thinking of making some recipes tonight!

Amazed by: How big my baby girl is. Not just in size, (she is quite the chunker, and can already wear some 18 months clothes in certain brands!) but in her abilities. She "talks" all the time now, can sit up like a pro, rolls more often (though she still isn't so impressed with the whole rolling thing, think she'd rather get up and walk if she could), is making strides towards crawling, doing her "mini push up" all the time, and is trying little bits of new food. She's amazing. I just feel like it's going so fast. I swear she was just born and now she's almost a half a year old. Really realizing how much I need to soak it all in.

Big girl smiles in the jumperoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment