Thursday, June 20, 2013

Currently

Listening : To Clara's baby monitor. She went to sleep fairly easily tonight and I am hoping she stays asleep! But if I had to choose what I want to listen to it would be Everything has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. I listened to Red non-stop while pregnant with Clara and even though it's a love song, it talks about your whole world being different by meeting one person, which is how I feel about my beautiful Clara. The last lines especially:
All I know is the new found grace
All my days I know your face
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed


Reading: The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen. Love, love, love her books. I gave up on Safe Haven. Saw the movie instead. Not super impressed. I think I am over Nicholas Sparks. Is it bad I have an English degree and I read bad chick lit? I try to like classics but they're not really my thing. I do love contemporary fiction but haven't had the energy for a complex book recently--I blame it on my nearly 5 month old ;-) 

Longing for: Some place warm and tropical. My best friend got married on Saturday and she's honeymooning in Jamaica right now. Made me remember my amazing honeymoon in Rivera Maya. Best trip ever. I so miss the beach--even though I went last year for my husband's cousin's wedding it was a short trip and I feel like I haven't been on a real beach vacation in forever. Ohio living is no fun sometimes! However we are planning to visit Pete's cousin (the before-mentioned one who got married last year!) in DC before she moves to Germany! I think we may have to sneak in a trip to the shore while we're there. Not the same as the Carolinas but it will do for now.

Loving: My husband, my dachshund, and of course my adorable baby girl, Clara Jane. She rolled for the first time today! I was SO proud of her. I've been having some stressful days here recently because she was going through some very cranky spells--however today was a really good day and she was just all smiles. I can't believe how fast she's growing. She makes new sounds everyday, smiles, laughs and just completely melts my heart. It's days like today I realize how incredibly blessed I really am to be a mom. 






No comments:

Post a Comment