Saturday, March 2, 2013

1 month

My sweet Clara Jane, 1 month old

Clara Jane—1 Month

Baby Girl,

I cannot believe you are one month old already. This has been the quickest/longest, most wonderful/stressful month of my life. It seems like just yesterday that your daddy placed you on my chest, brand new and a little blue. How you’ve grown and changed already.

Stats:
You’re about 10 lbs. (we didn’t have a 1 month checkup so I’m not 100% sure) and I would say around 21 inches long. You have a big round belly and a double chin. I love all your rolls though you’re a pain to give a bath to!

Eating:
Momma’s milk! And we’ve gotten the hang of it—at least I think. Your daddy is giving you a bottle now and then thanks to my handy breast pump. That helps momma out!

Sleeping:
The first few weeks were rough. Night two Daddy and I both had a breakdown. Then I pretty much had a breakdown (I blame your 3 week growth spurt and baby blues). But it’s getting better. And Happiest Baby on the Block is a lifesaver! You now sleep in 3-5 hour stretches a night…sometimes 6! It is wonderful. I have learned you are a loud sleeper and that just because you grunt and sometimes give out little cries that you don’t automatically need picked up. We’re figuring each other out.

Things I love about you:
Pretty much everything. You’re hard work for sure, but the best kind. I love when you sleep on my chest and how you draw your head back when you’re done eating and give a big stretch with your face all red and you’re cheeks so chubby. You have milk that runs down into your rolls a lot and it is SO cute. Love that you stretch your arms waaay up in the air when we take you out of your swaddle or put you on the changing table.

Things you love:
Spending time with your momma and daddy, momma’s voice, daddy’s snuggles, bubby kisses (at least we pretend you do!), your Fisher Price play mat, your swing (and we love it too because it’s how we get you to sleep!), white noise (especially ocean waves), learning to love your paci, and a good swaddle.

Clara Jane, daddy and I love you to the moon and back. I can’t even describe how wonderful it is to be your momma. I want you to continue to grow and develop and get big and strong but it’s going SO fast already. Know you are loved and so many of us pray for you and want nothing but the best for you. You are truly a blessing from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment